Tuesday 28 February 2012

Knitting Club Infiltration

The other day I took my crocheting to the beach.

There I was, hooking away when a woman from the group in front of me (that's her surfboard in the pic) elbowed her friend and said 'LOOK! Crocheter!' and came over to speak to me. We had a chat about all sorts of stuff, and I asked if she ever goes to a crocheting group, and she said that her and her friends had formed their own, and, determined to make friends, I asked when was it and if I could join it. She said 'Err well actually we're meeting this afternoon! And it's round Nicole's house so I'd better ask her...' and Nicole said it was fine so later on that day, off I went with my straggly two rows of wool and infiltrated a Genuine Australian Crocheting and Knitting Club, at Someone's House! It was FUN and there was CAKE. And Nicole had been asked by someone to take a picture of the club for International Women's Day, so:


I have officially gone down in history as being a part of something Australian.

Sadly they only meet once a month and we're going back to Bello tomorrow so probably won't see them again.

Enthused, I went to a big Hobbycraft type store to get some more yarn. Look Petesy, the biggest hackysack in the world!!

Gotta love the Wright eyebrows.

Look what I now possess!!!!!!
*aaaahhhhhhhhhhh......* angelic music.

I LOVE COLOURFUL THINGS.


 It's not looking bad ey? I love it. Although I didn't realise quite how big I was making it:


It's going to be a blanket! Nom nom nom.

I had a dream the other night where the unit of time was the crochet stitch. I'm not sure I'm doing this in a healthy way, I am quite addicted. Last night I dreamt I killed someone with a biro for a new phone number and a box of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Analyse THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment