Wednesday 28 September 2011

8kg

"(£&(@~$£!!!

You know how I had that whole packing session, and I managed to include a few things I really wanted to take, while keeping it under the weight limit, just? 18kg is what I had.

I was watching Zappa pack just now, and he put a whole climbing rack in (I'm thinking oooo that's heavy), then pretty much all his clothes - ok yes ALL of his clothes (OOOO oh dear he's going to be so upset when he's 3x over the weight limit)...he weighed it:

16kg.

?!

I made him weigh it with two different methods. Definitely 16kg. I could barely lift it. But I was sure I had way less stuff.....a horrible thought hit me. I went and weighed my stuff, boardies and all.

8kg.

EIGHT.

I misread the scales cos they just had lines and I was an idiot!

All that stuff I could have taken! My lovely jacket! My one pair of going out shoes! Screw that I could have taken ALL my shoes!!! I have packed 3 tops, one hoodie, no jumpers, 2 pairs of knickers...

DUHH!

After Zappa and Luke had stopped laughing at me for the 3rd time, Zappa said 'Oo, you can take your rollerblades.'

Brilliant!

I have decided to take the silver linings and run.
a. Rollerblades (best things I've ever bought)
b. I can bring nice things back from Australia
c. I don't have much to lug about
d. I will watch my soul unfurl as it is released from the horrors of materialism and learn to live without so many needless things
e. ...or I can buy more nice things over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment