My mum is amazing! I came home to this - blackcurrant frangipane tart. She even did gluten free pastry.
It looks pretty and summery and it tastes like pure comfort food.
- Pastry - see Coconut Cream Pie recipe
- 125g blackcurrants, washed, topped and tailed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 170g sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 70g butter, room temperature
- A pinch of salt
- 170ml milk
2. Make the pastry case.
3. Blind bake it.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
5. Add the almonds, egg and egg white and mix
6. Stick mixture into the pastry case
7. Scatter blackcurrants on top
8. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and firm.
It is divine with some sort of creamy yoghurt, Rachel's Gooseberry Yoghurt was perfect.
Yes that is another home-grown runner bean salad...